Please read the Portal Terms carefully. By using the Pledge Portal you agree to these Portal Terms.
- In relation to your pledge submission, Gilead asks you to provide basic information which identifies you as an individual, such as your first name and your country (“Personal Information”). Gilead will use and process your Personal Information in order to help us process your pledge submission, post your pledge on the ‘HIV:The Long View’ website (where applicable), and as otherwise permitted or required by law.
- To protect your privacy, you should not provide Gilead with any personal information that is not specifically requested.
- Employees, contractors and agents of Gilead may be given access to your Personal Information, but their use shall be limited to the performance of their duties and in line with the reason for processing. Our employees, contractors and agents who have access to your Personal Information are required to keep that information confidential and are not permitted to use it for any purposes other than to enable use of the Pledge Portal.
- Sharing your pledge; Copyrights and content reproduction
- You grant Gilead a perpetual, royalty-free, non-exclusive, sub-licensable, worldwide right and license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, perform, play, and exercise all copyright and publicity rights in, any and all of your submissions through the Pledge Portal and/or to incorporate those pledge submissions in other works in any media now known or later developed for the full term of any rights that may exist in such content.
- So far as is legally possible, you agree, irrevocably and unconditionally, to waive the benefit of and/or not to enforce, any and all moral rights to which you may be entitled in relation to any of your submissions to the Pledge Portal.
- Any copyright in your submissions to the Pledge Portal will, as between you and Gilead, remain owned by you.
- Pledge submissions will not automatically be used or published on the Gilead website. All pledge submissions received will be prior reviewed by Gilead or its authorised representatives in order to check that a post does not contravene these Portal Terms. You grant Gilead the right to change or edit your pledge submissions.
- Gilead makes no promise, express or implied, to use your pledge submission for any purpose whatsoever, including reproduction, publication, broadcast and posting.
- Pledge submissions not complying with these Portal Terms are liable for deletion. Gilead is under no obligation to keep, or return to you, any copy of any pledge submissions.
- You confirm that your pledge submission is your own original work and complies with these Portal Terms.
- Contribution rules
- Your pledge submission(s) must not:
- contain any material which is defamatory of any person, obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory;
- infringe any copyright, database right, trademark rights or other rights of any other person;
- contain any personal information or personal contact information of others;
- promote sexually explicit material, violence or discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age;
- be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety;
- be likely to deceive any person;
- be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence;
- promote any illegal activity;
- be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person;
- be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person;
- give the impression that they emanate from Gilead, if this is not the case; or
- endorse, promote or otherwise encourage the prescription, recommendation, purchase, supply, sale or administration of any Gilead product (and you will not be asked to do so by Gilead).
- Your pledge submission(s) must not:
- Applicable Law and Jurisdiction
These Portal Terms are governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England & Wales. Any disputes relating to these Portal Terms and/or the use of the Pledge Portal are subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England & Wales.